As well as all that we have had Nathan's mum come and stay which has been really nice. She has looked after us as well as giving me useful NZ driving tips (how am I supposed to know about these silly NZ give way rules?!) as I terrorised her by driving us around the city picking up food, furniture and all sorts.
I've also been to see the lawyers (very nice but no biscuits), had my immigration medical (doctor really couldn't be bothered - he wouldhave signed me fit even if I had been dying I reckon), found a midwife (have a scan on Monday and will find out whether it is a blue or a pink one!), been to an Amnesty International meeting (!), gone to pregnancy yoga (yes, you read that right) and rummaged through garage sales. Then there is all the admin of having a new house - new electric, new internet and all that boring stuff.
I'm having to access internet from the library at the moment which is quite amusing what with the kid's singing groups and the middle class women (or "ladies"!) who feel that they can have a long loud chat on their mobile in the middle of the books....
Library (still standing although across the street is just rubble)
Ps Our view is still looking so very very very stunning
No comments:
Post a Comment