I have been looking on ebay religiously as the internet is the only thing I can face/have time to do after a day battling with milk/poo etc. I suddenly have been inspired by old toys - I am presently bidding on a retro cot activity centre the same one I had (Fisher Price) for Elly. I loved that thing and can even remeber playing with it when I was a lot older. Fingers crossed for some ebay success. However, this has inspired me to find a number of my old favourite toys on ebay.
I have never forgiven myself for selling "Apple Jack" the my little pony at a car boot sale (at the ambulance station where my dad used to work) to a man for £1 - He thought horses were lucky (he also bought Barbie's horse).... I still have baby Apple Jack bougt for me when I was 5 and my brother born. It is the Mum Apple Jack which was sold in a cruel 11 years old "I don't need ponies" moment.... Anyway, I couldn't resist a bid on that either.
Portia Porcupine was a gift for my 5th birthday - I am rather tempted by that too..... But this has to stop somewhere.... As for the caravan Richard and I used to play for hours with the Fisher Price Campervan and Caravan.... Alas I can't find the vehicle only the caravan. I had both of the glow worms - faithful friends after the lights were out to carry on reading and as for the Cheeky Mouse house mine was red with a mouse not a cat but it was a pretty useless plastic box but I have fond memories of it existing!!
Funnily enough though the toys I most remember are those that were made for me - a toy dolls hospital and a big red house (2D) with a road (3D) that was screwed under my window.... I can't find those on ebay though.
Fingers crossed for Apple Jack and the activity centre!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment